About the workshop - half day crash course
This will be a crash course for anyone wanting to kick start taking great photos quickly. This is aimed at beginners who want to learn the basics of how to use their camera equipment, what the settings mean and when to use them. Numbers are limited – minimum 5 people and maximum of 15 people This session is getting to know the nuts and bolts of camera operation. This course will put you on the right track for creating great images.
- Adult : $80
- 1 Minor (under 16yrs) + 1 Adult Special = $120 (Total 2 people only)
- Booking fees apply
The price includes GST.
New course dates will be available soon. If you have a specific request please contact Anil on 021 511 563
Who is it aimed at?
What you need to bring
- You should have digital SLR camera or a point-and-shoot camera with manual settings
- Bring your camera accessories e.g. charger, batteries, external flash units, memory cards – let us see your complete kit to best guide you on your gear for your specific photography interests.
- Don’t forget to bring your manual.
- Pad and pen to take note
- Brief introduction from tutor
- Participants – brief intro and what you are interested in shooting
- Camera run through – buttons, functions, terminology
- Learn about aperture control
- Learn about shutter speed
- Learn about ISO (sensor sensitivity)
- Camera accessories – we will talk about lenses, filters, flash, light modifiers, studio set-up etc
- How to see the light and use it to your advantage
- Composition and viewpoint – basic rule of thirds and telling a story in your image.
- Smartphone apps recommendations
- Brief run through of post production